I have had the privilege of being nominated for the Liebster Award! It’s a virtual award given to bloggers by bloggers, showcasing great content on small blogs to boost their viewership. Liebster is a German word meaning sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome (source). I’m humbled that someone thought enough of my blog to classify it as such.
Seeing the definition of the word and knowing that others see that in my blog is so heartwarming and encouraging to me. I would like to thank Christina of 3plusMe for recognizing my passion and purpose for self-care and conscious parenting in motherhood. Make sure to visit her Facebook page and blog for cute kid pictures, mom-approved products, and fun stories as she shares her interesting life as a stay at home mom.
A blog that I love is Besties and Babies https://www.bestiesandbabies.com/home. Hey, ladies! These bestie mamas use their blog to give other moms advice and tips on how to get through motherhood. I’m not bragging about this blog because I’ve contributed to a couple of posts. They are some hard working bloggers who are honest and transparent in their friendship, motherhood journeys, relationships, and parenting styles. One thing I really love, and I’m sure you’ll appreciate too, is that they create have lists. I love a good list of activities, tips to help other moms, things moms wish others knew about them, and even things they’ve learned from Beyonce. The time, energy, and care they put into their posts (while living some of the busiest lives I’ve ever seen) is inspiring. Check them out on their blog and Facebook.
I was given questions to share a little about myself and my blogging journey:
- When and where do you write your blog posts?
- I write anywhere inspiration strikes. On the couch watching tv, on the toilet, in the car (not while I’m driving, of course), at work, really wherever I get an idea (otherwise I’ll forget that fantastic, life-changing thought I had).
- What’s one topic you’ve yet to blog about but really want to?
- I haven’t done much with conscious parenting yet. I have some ideas written down, but I haven’t gotten my thoughts in order on the subject the way I’d like. It’s such a broad topic, so I want to make sure to get the message across in a way that makes sense.
- What is one thing you do to try and stay connected with your readers?
- I am working on posting more frequently on social media and starting a newsletter.
- How long have you been blogging?
- I’ve been blogging for three months now. I tried to start earlier, but WordPress is a beast.
- What is one piece of advice you would give to a new blogger?
- Don’t spend so much time trying to make everything perfect. Your blog is an ever-evolving place that will only get better and better as you go. I should have had this done five months ago, but my focus wasn’t on the right things.
- What makes your blog successful and worth reading?
- My blog is for mothers who are hard on themselves and want to find inspiration to love themselves, be themselves, and set the example of self-love for their children. It’s successful and worth reading because it’s relatable and helpful. We all struggle, but we still have some amazingness deep inside. We just need to step outside of ourselves and our immediate situation to see who we have the potential to be.
- What’s your favorite topic to blog about and why?
- Self-love. It’s something I don’t see a lot of people promoting in motherhood because some believe it’s selfish, but it’s really one of the most important things a mom can do for her family.
- Who’s your biggest blog supporter?
- I have a few people who support me and all of my ventures (no matter how crazy they may sound). Love you all!
- Biggest blogging fear?
- Other people’s adverse judgment. I’m afraid of saying something the wrong way and coming off as ignorant in the topics I feel I know well.
- Your feelings on being nominated and selected for the Liebster award?
- I am honored, humbled, elated, ecstatic, enthused…you get the point :). I was in shock because I didn’t think I was doing enough on my blog for anyone to really notice. It’s amazing to know someone is paying attention and sees the effort I put into my blog.
Along with being nominated, I have the opportunity to recognize other starter blogs for their contributions and efforts. Congratulations to my nominees for the Liebster Award!
- Divorcetionary http://www.divorcetionary.com/
- The What’s Up http://thewhatsup.org/
- The Ideal Firestarter https://theidealfirestarter.com/
- 1MommyMD https://1mommymd.wordpress.com/
- Multiple and a Toddler https://multiplesandatoddler.wordpress.com/
- Our Parent Place http://www.ourparentplace.com/
ADDITION: One of the awesome nominees reminded me that I have to ask questions for them to answer. DUH! So here they are:
1. Why did you start your blog?
2. If you were paid $1,000,000 to write about anything, what would it be?
3. Do you have a posting schedule or do you write when inspiration strikes?
4. What is the best blogging advice you’ve received?
5. What advice can you give to someone wanting to start a blog?
6. How do you overcome writer’s block?
7. What is your favorite city?
8. What is a food you love that everyone else hates?
9. What do you want to be known for in life?
If you could have any animal in the world as a pet, what would it be?
For the rules of the award click here.
Thank you for taking the time to read all of this and checking out the other newbies. We’re all working hard to make a difference in someone’s life so make sure to comment and share whatever resonates with you.